Several Pioneers haven’t been able to migrate their Pi tokens to their wallets because they don’t know how to complete the mainnet checklist. We’ve created a step-by-step guide on how to complete each step of the mainnet checklist. We also show you how to download the Pi browser and how to create a Pi wallet.
The Pi Network has finally entered into the enclosed mainnet phase.
However, it’s unfortunate that not all Pioneers can get their mined Pi tokens. All because they don’t know how to complete their mainnet checklist.
Here are some stats that would get you concerned.
According to the Dr. Nicolas Kokkalis of the Pi Core Team, an estimated 1 million Pioneers have passed KYC out of the current 35 million Pioneers.
This represents about 2.8 percent of the entire Pi Network, which is quite poor.
However, keep in mind that completing the mainnet checklist is an important prerequisite for all Pioneers before they can access the KYC solution.
If you’re in this category, there’s every chance you may lose your hard-earned Pi tokens if you’re not careful.
As luck would have it, you don’t have to worry anymore.
We’ve compiled a step-by-step guide on how to complete the mainnet checklist on Pi Network.
Let’s get started.
How to complete your Pi mainnet checklist
Assumption: we believe you’ve already downloaded the Pi app, and you’re already mining Pi.
- First, launch the Pi app on your phone.
- On the home screen, tap the hamburger menu on the top left-hand corner of the screen.
- Tap mainnet.
- Next, tap the mainnet checklist banner.
- Fill the mainnet transfer essentials.
The first task on the mainnet checklist is to download the Pi Browser app and create a wallet.
If you don’t know how to create a wallet, we’ve got you covered in the next section.
First, you need to download the Pi Browser app from your respective Play Store.
So, tap the download Pi Browser app.
How to download the Pi Browser App
- If you use an Android device, go to Playstore or the iOS store if you use an iPhone.
- Next, search for the Pi browser app.
- Tap download, then wait for the app to download and install.
- Tap Open.
Now that you’ve successfully downloaded the Pi Browser app, it’s time to create your Pi wallet.
How to create a Pi Wallet
- Launch the Pi browser on your phone.
- Next, sign in to your Pi account.
- On the home screen, tap on the wallet.pi icon.
- Next, tap the generate wallet button, and it’ll create your wallet successfully.
Securing your Pi Wallet
In addition to creating a wallet, you’ll get a unique passphrase to protect it. We advise that you copy this phrase and store it as securely as possible.
Here’s a suggestion; write down this passphrase on a book or note app and store it securely. On the other hand, you can save it on a secure password generator.
- Keep in mind that you can also secure your Pi wallet with your fingerprint or face ID.
- After securing your wallet with your fingerprint, passphrase, or face ID, the next step or page will take you to your wallet address.
This is a public key. This means the above alpha-numeric address is what you’ll share with other Pioneers when you want to exchange your Pi tokens.
Next, set your privacy preferences.
You can make your username searchable (we recommend you do this) or unsearchable. This means that other Pioneers may or may not be able to search for your wallet address and send you Pi tokens.
Now, you can access your wallet’s dashboard. Here, you can send, receive and view all your Pi transactions.
You’ll get 100 test Pi tokens from the Core team. These tokens are strictly for testing purposes (i.e testing transactions among Pioneers). They are not your real tokens, and they don’t have any value.
- You can access both your testnet and mainnet wallet by tapping here.
Confirm your Pi Wallet
Now that you’ve created your Pi wallet, it’s time to go back to the mainnet checklist.
- Launch the Pi app and navigate to the mainnet checklist.
- If you’ve created a wallet, you’ll notice the “Create a Pi Wallet” checkbox has been marked. If not, tap on it and fill in the required details.
- The next step is to “Confirm your Pi wallet.” Do this by tapping the third banner or red checkbox.
- Once you tap the checkbox, enter your passphrase in the “Confirm your Pi Wallet page.“
- Tap the “confirm your wallet” button.
- After confirming your wallet, you’ll notice the confirm wallet checkbox is marked green on the mainnet checklist page.
Note: the above wallet address are for testing purposes, please do not send any Pi to the wallet above.
Next, you have to commit to a lockup configuration
Commit to Lockup Configuration
This means you have to lockup a portion of your mined Pi token for a period of time.
Your locked Pi tokens will be inaccessible to you, so you can’t exchange or barter them with other Pioneers until the expiration of your lockup period.
Keep in mind that locking up your Pi is a compulsory criterion before you can migrate your Pi tokens to mainnet.
Here’s how to go about it:
- Tap the “Commit to lockup configuration” banner
- Ensure the “Automatically lock up a portion of my Transferable Balance to Mainnet upon commitment. My π will continue to be locked up at this rate for future Mainnet transfers unless adjusted later.” section is checked.
- Next, set your lockup percentage by choosing how many percent of your mined Pi tokens you want to lock up.
Remember that the higher the percentage of your locked Pi, the higher you’ll boost your mining rate.
As it stands, the Pi Core Team created this incentive to ensure more Pioneers lockup larger portions of their Pi for longer periods.
This way is one of the ways the Pi Core Team ensures liquidity on the Pi Network by limiting its supply.
- Set your lockup duration. This is the length of time your Pi tokens will be locked up i.e. inaccessible to you.
Accordingly, you’ll notice your “estimated result mining rate boost” will increase when you have a large portion of your tokens locked up for longer periods.
- Finish up by tapping the commit button.
- Confirm your selection by tapping the “Commit Lockup” button.
- You’ll see a popup confirming that you’ve updated your lockup settings.
Note: You can’t decrease your settings after updating, as you can only do that after you push your initial mainnet balance your Pi wallet. By decreasing your lockup settings, your Lockup Bonus will reduce.
Check for KYC Availability
At this point, you’re almost done with the mainnet checklist.
The next step is to check if KYC is available to you by either tapping the “Submit your KYC application” banner or navigating to the Pi Browser and tapping the “kyc.pi” button.
In conclusion, completing your mainnet checklist is an important prerequisite for all Pioneers, and you have to ensure you don’t make a mistake while at it. Without this step, it’s impossible to move to the next step, i.e KYC
For what it’s worth, you may also want to know how much your Pi is worth, which is a huge incentive to continue mining. Lastly, don’t forget to like and follow our social media pages, the icons are at the bottom of the page. Don’t forget to like and share our posts.
[…] If you like this article, don’t forget to share it on social media with other interested Pioneers. Also, it’s important that you like our other social media pages to help us reach more people. You can also check out other articles on our website like How to complete your mainnet checklist. […]
[…] If you haven’t, you can read the guide on how to do it here. […]
[…] At this point, I want to believe you’ve completed your mainnet checklist. If you haven’t, you can read a guide on how to do it here. […]
Top site ,.. amazaing post ! Just keep the work on !
Excellent site. Plenty of helpful info here. I am sending it to some friends ans also sharing in delicious. And of course, thanks to your effort!
I don抰 even understand how I ended up here, but I assumed this publish was great. I do not recognize who you’re however definitely you are going to a well-known blogger if you are not already 😉 Cheers!
Definitely, what a great site and instructive posts, I surely will bookmark your website.Have an awsome day!
May I request more information on the subject? All of your articles are extremely useful to me. Thank you!
Hi there, sure you can. Kindly let us know how we may be of help
I enjoyed reading your piece and it provided me with a lot of value.